Thursday, November 11, 2010

I dream of giving birth to a child who will ask,

"Mother, what was war?"



This picture will stay with me for a long time.

I must say I have this utmost respect for our American soldiers. I don't like wars, I wish and dream for world peace but the soldiers’ courage amaze me. I do believe they have developed the dignity none of us can accomplish. Their love for our country is not something we should take for granted. 

Thank a veteran, hug a soldier, and always speak well of those who have served.

A salute to Pop Pop Baldi, Uncle Bob, Lance Vogeler, and every American, living and deceased, who fought to protect our country.  Bless your patriotic hearts.

A little history lesson for you all: Veteran's Day falls on the anniversary of the signing of the Armistice that ended WWI.
"To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with lots of pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations."
-- Woodrow Wilson, November 11, 1919